My overall favorite project we submitted this semester would have to be the Food for Thought project. This was the first project we completed all semester. In this piece we had to find pictures of different types of food. Then we had to use the food from those images to construct a new picture using just food! It might sound easy but it was actually quite complex. First we had to use the various lasso and selection tools to select the food from each of their individual backgrounds. We had to refine edges and adjust the radius and use different brushes with masks to get a great looking selection. Then we had the move them into the new document with the move tool. I had a lot of repetition in my clothing on my picture so I had to alt click and drag to copy the parts. I had the snake black liquorish around the outline of my guy in the image using the pen tool by clicking and moving handles to follow the outline of my guy. I had to use layer styles to the skin on my guy and I had to blur the skin and bring the opacity down as well.
The only frustrating project so far was the clone project. I felt it was frustrating because my partner moved a little bit when taking the pictures so I had to adjust them in various locations and mask parts to make it blend properly. I feel I could have done a lot better if I had more time because I had been absent part of that week.
I enjoyed completing the magazine project because I felt it looked like a real cover. I wish I didn’t have to do the clone project because it was just boring to me. I would like to get more into filters and advanced forms of designing from nothing nut a blank document.